Press!

I am pleased to announce that Susan Alyse was featured in the November/December issue of Mississippi Magazine!  In September I was contacted by a writer at Mississippi Magazine, and was thrilled at the thought of my 3-month old Etsy shop being featured in a magazine that covers the best of Mississippi people, places, and homes.  One year ago I frequented the Barnes & Noble in Ridgeland, looking for inspiration from artists and designers that I admired.  The week the magazine hit the shelves, I went to that same Barnes & Noble every day eagerly awaiting the new issue to hit the stands and... Tah-dah!  
Etsy is such a wonderful tool, because it gives artists an outlet to design and to make a career out of it.  No longer are designers limited to their own geographic region, but Etsy enables sellers to reach people across the world.  I've now sold in almost all fifty states in the U.S., with seventy-five percent of my orders coming from buyers in New York and California.  Twenty years ago most artists and designers would never dream that selling their designs would be a feasible career option, but now online tools such as Etsy have made that possible.  I am honored to be included in the Mississippi Magazine article, and so look forward to the future of my store.

No comments:

Post a Comment